1. “Scarlett O’Hara was not beautiful, but men seldom realized it when caught by her charm as the Tarleton twins were.” – GONE WITH THE WIND
2. “I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant.” – PERSUASION
3. “The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.” – NORTHANGER ABBEY
4. “Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.”
— TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
5. “It is better to be alone, she figures, than to be with someone who can’t see who you are. It is better to lead than to follow. It is better to speak up than to stay silent. It is better to open doors than to shut them on people.
She will not be simple and sweet. She will not be what people tell her to be. That Bunny Rabbit is dead.” – THE DISREPUTABLE HISTORY OF FRANKIE LANDAU-BANKS
6. “I’ve confessed to everything and I’d like to be hanged. Now, if you please.
I don’t mean to be difficult, but I can’t bear to tell my story. I can’t relive those memories—the touch of the Dead Hand, the smell of eel, the gulp and swallow of the swamp. How can you possibly think me innocent? Don’t let my face fool you; it tells the worst lies. A girl can have the face of an angel but have a horrid sort of heart.” – CHIME
7. “Miss Barry was a kindred spirit after all,” Anne confided to Marilla, “You wouldn’t think so to look at her, but she is. . . Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It’s splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” – ANNE OF GREEN GABLES
8. “It is our choices, Harry, that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS
9. “The story goes that even after the Return they tried to keep the roller coasters going. They said it reminded them of the before time.” – THE DEAD-TOSSED WAVES
10. “The wind on the moors is a tricky thing.” – THE NEAR WITCH
Thank you Jessica! I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the tour and be sure to check out Born Wicked. I for one can’t wait to check it out and meet Jessica on the Breathless Reads Tour when they pass through Texas *squee*